Friday, August 19, 2016

The Way to the Heart is Through the Stomach (10/12/15)

This week sailed by. I had to sit down and go through my journal to remember it. Well, I've been out in the field for 3 transfers (4.5 months!) - and about to start another transfer here in Mississippi. I can't believe it - a quarter of my mission is done. And it's gone a lot faster than I expected it to! We've been working hard!

This week, not a ton of noteworthy things happened. I went on exchanges in Louisiana while Sister Kohler & Sister Smith took over McComb. I accidentally kept the phone with me, so they had to do missionary work without it (which is way hard by the way) - oh well :)

One cool experience this week:
A less active member, Sister R, has been an active member of a Baptist church for a while. We've been trying to go see her, but she would never commit to an appointment and is always busy when we stop by. So, in a moment of pure inspiration, I decided that we were going to knock on her door and just RAVE about her delicious cooking. We sat in the car and role-played it, and then went to the door. She quickly invited us over for a meal this week at a specific time - the first time she's ever committed to anything :) Maybe it was the spirit, maybe it was me learning Southern culture - but it WORKED.

We also had a really fantastic, emotional, breakthrough lesson with another less-active this week. She committed to reading the Book of Mormon all the way through. She kept saying, "It's time," with tear-filled eyes. It was amazing. The spirit does all the work.

Quote of the week: "I like my investigators like I like my oreos - chocolate, and dunked." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment