Friday, August 19, 2016

That Your Joy Might Be Full (11/24/15)

This week has been crazy! I've been sick for most of it - this bug has worked a number on my voice and my lungs... hopefully I'll be able to talk normally soon! Tornado warnings. A mission-wide sister conference in Baton Rouge where I got to see every sister I love so much. And... transfer calls. I'm staying in Mississippi for another transfer! That was a little bit of a plot twist, because staying in an area for 7.5 months isn't all that common, especially for a first area. So I get to be with my people for the holidays!! But since there was such a high probability that I would be leaving, I had been reflecting a lot on the work I've done here in McComb. And the overwhelming feeling was just LOVE. Love for our little branch, love for the culture, and love for our investigators. And I get to spend one and a half more months here! And I was so happy about that, especially because of some recent developments (I'll name just a few):


1) New investigators! We've taught D, a beautiful chocolate goddess, twice this week, and boy does she seem prepared for the restored gospel. She's soaked up everything we've taught her like a sponge. We're also teaching the M family: the parents are married with jobs, and they have 4 kids! Teaching families makes this work so cool because you get to help them work toward being sealed in the temple :)

2) D and 3 of her grandkids came to church this Sunday and had a great time. When that happens, progress moves forward so much faster! Good things are coming for that family!

3) R is ready to start taking lessons again! We had a lesson with her and B in which she read John 15:11 to us and told us that when she got into anti and stopped learning about the restored gospel, she felt all her joy leave her. "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." The gospel brings her joy and that was an answer to her sincere prayers (and mine too)!

And I didn't even mention half of the people that I am so excited to stay here and serve. God kept me here for a reason, and now I get to work my tail off and see miracles!


This week, think about the little things and the big things that bring you joy, especially in the gospel. Don't take them for granted! I am here because the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings me joy that I can find nowhere else. Peace that the world can't bring. I know that it is true.

Tell your families you love em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment