Friday, August 19, 2016

Tender Mercies (12/21/15)

So, I'm really stoked that my Heavenly Father loves me even though I'm pretty dumb most of the time. He loves me in my weakness, in my stupidity, in my sin. And He'll never stop. And that's why He sent me - and you - a Savior. Someone who will not only love us unconditionally, but also help us move forward, give us hope, and let us change. We don't need to worry or lose hope or get stuck because we have Jesus Christ. And that Savior came into this world as a baby, just like you and me. Elder D. Todd Christofferson counseled us to "take time to relax, be at peace, and see this little child in your mind. Do not be too concerned or overwhelmed with what is coming in His life or yours. Instead, take a peaceful moment to contemplate perhaps the most serene moment in the history of the world-- when all of heaven rejoiced with the message 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men' (Luke 2:14)." Take that time, amid all of the crazy schedules, and cooking, and wrapping. Remember our Savior's humble beginning.

I'm so grateful for the other ways that God shows me that He loves me and hears my prayers:

Somehow, we managed to leave our (very expensive) bike rack at a gas station in the hood this week. When we realized this and came back hours later, it was nowhere in sight. We prayed so fervently that God would help us out with fixing our stupid mistake. And He did - He gave us the sweet worker who saw someone fixin' to take it, so she hid the rack for us until we came looking for it. Seems little, but it was huge to us.

Or consider the miracle it is that the grease stain came out after a little girl had lathered herself in margarine and charged at me, wiping her hands all over my new skirt. Or that someone said something so funny that I'm doubled-over laughing during a day that had me down in the dumps. Or some sweet stranger or investigator who we have an amazing lesson with when I need the spirit the most. And most importantly to me, the sweet assurance that my Father loves me, that the Atonement is real, that my service is accepted by Him.

No doubt I'm missing home and family and friends, but tender mercies are all around me. And I'm so grateful for a Savior that never leaves me and is with me every step of the way as I do His work.

Happy Christmas y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment