Friday, August 19, 2016

Are you breaking up with me? (9/28/15)

Believe it or not, missionary work is a lot like dating - the really dramatic kind. There's a lot of being stood up. It's an emotional roller coaster. You get your hopes up, then they get crushed. You think someone is THE ONE and then they're not. Lots of breakups. But you keep doing it... and why is that? Well, I won't go into why we keep dating (if anyone has answers to that question, they are welcome to share), but we keep doing missionary work because of the spirit. Because it's true. Because it's what the Lord has asked of us. Because the worth of souls is great in the sight of God (D&C 18:10,15-16). And we can find SO much joy in doing our part, however insignificant it may seem, in bringing souls back to Him. It is the greatest way to serve both our fellow men, and thus our Heavenly Father (Mosiah 2:17). So I keep doing it, even though it breaks my heart! I was going to talk about all the times we've been dumped this week, but I'll save that for the diary. It's sad, but you just move on and keep looking for the one!

Listen up y'all - we've got a killa opportunity coming up. We get to hear from prophets of the Lord. That's right - General Conference is approaching. Watch it - intently. Record spiritual impressions you receive. These are God's chosen servants we're listening to! Think about how MARVELOUS that is!! DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED, or I'll be coming for ya. Sleep with one eye open. Invite your friends to watch with you - don't hoard the blessings of modern revelation! And I was so blessed to be able to watch the women's session of conference with B, one of our recent converts, this week! My favorite parts are these:

Rosemary M. Wixom taught us that we not only need God, but He needs US, because we are his literal children!

Dieter F. Uchtdorf: Now is part of eternity. Of course the biggest blessing is eternal life, but that starts now! We're alive and progressing now! Treasure this very part, this very moment, of your journey - it's how you'll get where you're going :)
One last thought from Elder Brimhall in my district: When we take Christ's name upon us, we are taking his WORK upon us as well. So let's get to it!

And If anyone's wondering, I still mess up constantly in every aspect of missionary work and life. Laughter is pretty good medicine. So is the Atonement. Haha, pray for me! I love y'all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment