Saturday, January 30, 2016

Change Fixin' to Come to McComb (9/1/15)


To start off... transfers. We got a call from the mission president last night - Sister Kerr is being transferred and being called as a Sister Training Leader! Which means that I'm taking over McComb. Intimidating. He also told us that I will be TRAINING! I just finished training myself, and BOY do I feel inadequate. I'll learn REAL quick just how much I don't know. Dang, this will make me stretch.

This was a good week! We went on exchanges, and I had practice taking over the area with Sister Groesbeck. We got in a ton of lessons and had a great day! We met with D and taught her and ALL of her grandkids about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. Such a great, fun family. D has met with missionaries before but lost contact, and it's definitely not a coincidence that God has led us to her house two times this transfer - maybe she's ready :) 

We did some service this week for a family, and in the process of putting together a playroom for their kids, we also had the splendid opportunity to hunt mice that were living in the closet! Keeps ya on your toes. Real life whack-a-mole. 

Life is good. The upcoming weeks will be a challenge, but I'm excited to laugh about all the glorious ways in which I'll totally screw up. Change is coming. Change is good.

And I NEED to say the sincerest THANK YOU to all who have kept me in their prayers and thoughts! Your emails and prayers and letters and all that you do for me do not go unnoticed. I love y'all dearly.

As seen on a Baptist church sign:

"Sometimes God calms the storm... sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms His child."

No comments:

Post a Comment