Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week One and I'm Loving Life

Hey everyone!
 
Sister Lanning here. Week one at the MTC is complete. It's been amazing but so so hard. And so so worth it. Elder Holland once said that angels guard the windows and doors of the MTC, and I think that's true. There's something so special about being surrounded by amazing people who have all dedicated themselves to serving others and the Lord for 18-24 months. Who've left it all behind, who have sacrificed so much, who work so hard, and who love so deeply.

The number one thing is that I'm learning how much I need to learn and how much I need to improve. We're constantly learning and constantly trying to be more like Christ. It can be emotionally draining, but it's the best experience and I'm so grateful for it. With the Lord's help, we truly can do anything.

I've seen so many tender mercies while I've been here. The sisters and elders in my district are so so amazing. Sister A is the funniest gal on the face of the planet, I swear. Sister J is so humble. My companion Sister L teaches with power. All four of us are going to Baton Rouge on June 9! They all have such sweet strong testimonies, and I have a lot to learn from them. Elder M (St. George), Elder T (San Jose), Elder C (Chicago), and Elder M (Chicago) are all awesome. We have a lot of fun here. I honestly don't think I've ever laughed this much in my life, except maybe with my roommates (WHO I MISS AND LOVE) at BYU. The elders have started to catch on to how awesome we sisters are. We're pretty funny, not gonna lie.
 
We have 3 people that we're teaching here at the MTC. Sister L and I make a lot of mistakes, but we're really learning too. We love those people and really truly want to help them find the happiness that we've found in this gospel.
 
I absolutely love it here! I'm scared about how much about teaching and serving people that I don't know yet, but I'm so stoked to get out in the field and meet the people of Louisiana! I'm also stoked for the 100 degree weather with 100 percent humidity. The sweat is gonna be a big part of my life soon.

I'm starting to realize that I'm actually a missionary! And I LOVE it. This is where God wants me to be.

Love you all! I'd dig hearing from you!!





Rachel and her companion.





Rachel and Catherine Woodwell!!



Rachel with a friend from BYU






Sister Lanning

No comments:

Post a Comment